Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blair, finally.

Sometime last winter I was looking for another sweater quantity of Madelinetosh Tosh DK, and Purl Diva was expecting a shipment. I had originally been looking for something in an earth tone of some sort, but when Ellen told me that she had the colorway Lapis, I couldn't resist. My plans for this yarn has changed at least half a dozen times over the last year. But then the Winter edition of Twist Collective came out, and I found the perfect pattern:

Pattern: Blair by Thayer Preece
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh DK in colorway Lapis
Modifications: My modifications somewhat stem from my inability to follow directions. I had planned on following the pattern as written for the size 35 1/2". Well, apparently I skipped over the section where the yoke increases only on the front and back and not on the sleeves. So, the body of my sweater ended up having the same amount of stitches as the next size down once I split the sleeves. Since it was knit "top-down", I was able to try it on and realized that it would still fit just fine...the neckline would just be a deeper V than the pattern calls for. I actually think it worked out perfectly. If I had not made that mistake, the body may have ended up being too big and baggy. The only other modification that I made was my sleeves are slightly shorter than the pattern calls for. 

Back.

I love everything about this sweater. The fit, the color, the eyelet detail, and the overall style. 

Buttons from BeadFreaky on etsy.

How about one more picture?

Seth made me climb the pear tree. This was the only halfway decent picture of about 20.

I have another, not nearly as exciting, finished knit.

Pattern: The Big Easy by Vivian Aubrey 
Yarn: Handspun MCN dyed by Two if by Hand
Modifications: None

The yarn knit up really, really lovely. It's amazingly squishy!

So, after I finished my Blair sweater I went a little crazy casting on new projects. I have another sweater on the needles (more on that in the next post), a shawl, and a baby sweater. 

What's that you say? You want to see pictures of the new projects? Okay, okay....twist my arm.


Scalene in Three Irish Girls Kells Sport Merino 

I have some new handspun to show you, too....but I think I'll write up a separate post for that later in the week. 

Love, 
liz 

2 comments: