Friday, March 11, 2011

I finished a project!

Now, don't get too excited....it's just a cowl. But it's made out of handspun yarn, and I happen to love it.

Yarn: Handspun yarn spun by me from Juliespins roving
Modifications: Surprisingly, none.

close-up glamor shot

I've also made some progress on my Blair Sweater.

I did the collar before the sleeves so I could know ahead of time if I'd have enough yarn to do long sleeves.

The collar took FOREVER. The fold-over part is all short rows, and once I got past those it went a bit faster. I just ordered these buttons to go on it.

I always seem to stall out a bit once I get to the sleeves, but I'm hoping when the buttons arrive it will motivate me to finish it sooner rather than later. That way I can at least wear it a few times before it gets too warm for handknits! 

I've also been spinning up a storm (what else is new, right?). I'm doing a shop update this week, so I've been trying to get 5-6 skeins of yarn ready. 

This lovely was slated for the update, but someone on ravelry saw it in my stash and wanted it. It was spun from Two if by Hand Rambouillet in colorway "New Tattoo."

Oh, this skein makes me smile. It's such a a great combination of cheery colors. Spun from Two if by Hand's Organic Merino in colorway "Surfer."

I think this would make an adorable baby boy knit of some sort.

Since I've been spinning so much, I've depleted my fiber stash quite a bit. So much that most everything I had left was purple. Probably because I've been hanging onto some of those to spin for myself. And while I love purple, I suppose customers probably want to see something other than all purple, all the time in the shop! 

So...I've been doing a little a lot of fiber shopping (some from etsy, some from people on ravelry looking to destash). 

This is what arrived in my mailbox on Thursday:

Starting at the top and going clockwise: Funky Carolina Polwarth in Egads with Aqua Trim (two 4 ounce braids and 2 ounces of trim), GLBLF Polwarth in Ferris Night, FLUFF Silky Cashmerino in Agate (two 3 ounce braids), and Pigeonroof SW Merino in Swamp.

Thursday was a good mail day, what can I say? Today was also a good mail day....but I'll save you endless amount of pictures of fiber...for now. 

Well...I think that's it for now!

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment