Friday, March 18, 2011

Rikke Hat

In true Liz fashion, I decided that I needed to take a break from the sleeves on my Blair Sweater and whip up a quick project. I choose a hat pattern that I've been eyeing since it's release and I'm really pleased with the result and will most definitely be making more.

Pattern: Rikke Hat by Sarah Young
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK in Earl Grey
Modifications: I knit the body of the hat about 1/2 inch shorter than the pattern called for before the crown decreases. Mostly this was because I was afraid of running out of yarn (I had a few yards to spare when all was said and done), but I'm glad I did because I definitely wouldn't want the hat any longer/taller.

The Tosh Merino DK knit up really nicely and ended up much softer than I thought it would. It's a single ply merino, so we'll see how it holds up, but I think it's going to do pretty well.

I've also been spinning like a maniac since I had a shop update planned for today. So, hope you're ready for some more handspun pictures!

Corriedale/Finn/Rambouillet blend dyed by Spinner's Hill 

Organic Merino dyed by Two if by Hand in "Sweet Surrender"

Superwash Merino dyed by Pigeonroof Studios in "Swamp"

Superfine Merino dyed by Two if by Hand in "Dance Hall Hips"
This is my most favorite skein of the bunch! I love the flashy, bright colors!

Now that the shop update is over I need to concentrate on some more custom spinning and a handspun/project bag set I'm doing for an auction on ravelry to raise money for several charities that are sending money to Japan. More on that to come...

Well, I'm off to package up some etsy orders and ship them out!

Love,
Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment