Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I "Should" Have Pictures of Beautiful Mountains....

However, I'm an idiot and forgot to put the memory card back in my camera. Seth's Mom and Joe arrived on Friday night and we took them up to Portland on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and we drove up to Pittock Mansion to get a great view of all the surrounding mountains. We also hit the Portland Farmer's Market, Powell's Books, and the Organic BrewFest. If I hadn't forgotten the memory card for my camera, I would have pictures to share of all of these things. Ah, well.

Sunday we took a drive out to the coast and stopped at Seal Rock State Park:




Seth defying the rules, per usual:


The Oregon coast certainly isn't for sunbathing. It was about 20 degrees colder out at the coast than it was inland at our house. But, the weather was gorgeous despite it being a little chilly.

We also stopped at Yaquina Bay Lighthouse and walked through and saw a gorgeous view from the top floor:


There was also a spinning wheel and a bowl with yarn in the "sitting room" on the first floor:



After spending time down at the ocean, we wandered around the town of Newport and got some dinner a great little local place. While we were walking around Newport we saw some Sea Lions hanging out down on the docks:




Aren't they adorable?!

Needless to say, we were all pretty exhausted by Monday! 

In knitting news, I finally took some pictures of my Beaumont Beanie:







Do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture of the top of your head?? Quite difficult, I tell you. 

Blocking made this look 100 times better than it did right after I finished it! It's a little big....but for my first colorwork project, I'm thrilled with it. 

I also spun up some yarn today:


It's a camel/merino blend that I picked up at the fiber festival a couple weekends ago...it came out soooo soft and squishy! 

I feel like this post has been a little bit all over the place! I promise a more coherent, cohesive post next time! 

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment