Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Goodale Cardigan


I just put the finishing touches on my Goodale Cardigan today, and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Plus, it only took a week to knit....can't beat that!



Yarn: MadelineTosh Pashmina in colorway Byzantine 
less than 2 skeins

Modifications: Instead of increasing every 8 rows on the body, I increased every 10 rows to make the   body longer. The finished pattern measurements were not long enough in the torso, so this made it a little less than 2 inches longer, which ended up being perfect.

This little sweater is fabulous! You can dress it down:


Or, dress it up:


I picked out some cute pewter buttons, but they might be too heavy for the light fabric. I'll have to wear it a bunch and see what I think.


I've also been spinning quite a bit for the Tour de Fleece on Ravelry. Basically, the idea is to spin a little bit each day that the Tour de France is happening. 

Here's my latest yarn, 200 yards of 100% merino wool:





I've cast on for a pair of Chicklets Socks yesterday, and I'm trying to decide what my next big knitting project will be. 

In other news, my garden is coming around and it looks like I'll at least have some zucchini, radishes, and green beans. And at least 1 tomato. Certainly not the lush garden I had imagined, but I've learned a lot. For example, I learned that I have evil garden-eating animals in my yard that chew through plastic fences and take down tomato plants. 

More spinning pictures to come soon....

Love,
liz 

2 comments:

  1. oh liz, you look so cute in that new sweater! it's a great color for you.
    and your yarn; wow, it's really beautiful, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Goodale should be called Greatale. Well done!

    ReplyDelete