Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blueberries!

Last Friday Seth and I went down the road to a local blueberry nursery (blueberry patch? blueberry grove?) to pick some blueberries for jelly and smoothies. We ended up picking 16 pounds of blueberries which took me several days to wash and freeze (you can only fit so many cooling racks of blueberries in the freezer at a time, you know?!).  Since well before blueberry season started Seth has been asking for "Blueberry Buckle".  So....Friday night while Seth was at work I found a blueberry buckle recipe and whipped one up. It was super easy, and came out pretty well (according to Seth, anyways). I didn't get around to taking a picture until yesterday...


I also made some blueberry jelly with the recipe from the Sure-Gel box...I ended up with 6 small jars:



I also have a bit of knitting and spinning to share. I finally finished up a pair of socks that I started at the beginning of the month. Hand knit socks are wonderfully comfortable, but I have second sock syndrome.   I love knitting the first sock, but then I have a hard time motivating myself to start and finish the second. I think I need to learn the "2 socks at a time" method. Anyways.....here they are in all their glory:


Yarn: Socks that Rock Medium weight by Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Modifications: None. But if I were to knit these again, I would make the leg part smaller, but keep the foot circumference the same size for a better fit on the leg. 

This is a great sock pattern that is easily memorized and has just enough texture without being over the top (the yarn does a fine job with that!). 


Please don't look too closely at the "cankles" I have going on....

This picture shows the texture of the pattern pretty well:


I also finished spinning up some merino today. It's the thinest yarn I've spun yet, it ended up as about 300 yards of fingering weight:

(check out my huge daisies!) 

Seth and I are flying back East tomorrow to attend a wedding in Vermont (yay!)....our friends Elizabeth and Ben are getting hitched! We're taking a little trip up to Maine before the wedding to see some friends and of course stop at Purl Diva yarn shop (what's a visit to Maine without stopping?!)! I'm sure I'll have lots to post about when we return next week! 

Love,
liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment