Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm Alive

So much to tell you.

First.  I've officially resigned as of September, so I'm going to be making my way east with absolutely no plan outside of
1. find gainful employment
2. maintain health insurance coverage
3. be close to a certain boy i'm quite fond of and of course the family (including the cutest namesake ever)

So, that's terrifying and exciting and every emotion all rolled into one- especially because i'm working on saying my goodbyes to families and campers as they come through the doors.  I'm kind of praying for a miracle.

Second.  Last week my wallet got stolen from my car at work by a camper parent.  There is a special place in hell for people like her.  I'm quite convinced.  She took and used my credit card, debit card and a check totaling close to $1000.  This made for a stressful and ridiculous week of feeling totally violated and seriously inconvenienced by all the paperwork and bologna that accompanies fraud.

Third.  I FINISHED BABY C'S BIRTHDAY DRESS!



It's so cute I can't handle it.  And the little chubs better stay little long enough to wear it.  That's all I'm saying.
I also taught one of my friends, Jenna, how to knit with this pattern:  I'll post pictures when she's finished.

I'm going to get started on my next project as soon as the yarn arrives in the mail.  It's for Drew, another camp friend.  He wants a "new englandy vest" so we chose this one  with a really pretty tweed from Webs.  This is the same pattern as Dad's father's day vest, so I'm hoping to work out the kinks on a smaller version before the summer is out...

We haven't had much time off this second half of the summer (kids left yesterday, volunteers are here today, kids show up tomorrow), so I'm trying to capitalize on my down time by keeping the house relatively clean (my new year's resolution of emptying the dish washer and trying to keep the sink free from dishes is going surprisingly well!).

In cooking news I made a rhubarb fool last week.  Do you like rhubarb?  This is delicious and terribly easy.  You cut up the rhubarb in one inch chunks, stick them in a rimmed baking sheet with a healthy coating of sugar and keep them in a 450 oven for 20-30 minutes.  They turn to mush with syrupy goodness... which of course you mix with homemade whip cream... and call it a day!  I have also put it over ice cream.  Equally delicious :)

This totally isn't my picture, but gives you an idea of how AWESOME it is.

Okay, off again to do orientation.  Please know I love your posts.  They make me smile till I have time to do crafty things again!  

PS.  Ysolda Teague book- worth buying?   Could I borrow the Ishbel pattern?  Also, weekend sewing?  Any good?  I've looked at it a bunch and know that I"m getting grandma's old singer, so we shall see :)

LOVE!!! 
Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment