Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Phew.

Well, apparently I've been on a blog hiatus! Now that we're done having visitors for a while, I'll have plenty of time to get back to cooking, blogging, knitting, and sewing.

First, I don't think you made a crazy decision. I think you made the right decision for you, and someone will be very lucky to have you as their employee. :)

How cute is baby C in her new birthday dress???? It looks adorable on her!

Since my last post Kaitlin has come to visit, Seth ran a 100K, and I've gotten a wee bit of knitting done.

When Kaitlin was here we took a trip up the northern part of the coast to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, and stopped at some places along the coast.

We all dipped our toes in the Pacific Ocean (and dang, it was chilly!):


We also hit up the outlets, Corvallis farmer's market and the Oregon Gardens while she was here.

This weekend Seth ran the Where's Waldo 100K, his longest race so far. He finished in about 17 1/2 hours. The race ran through parts of the Pacific Crest Trail and to the top of 5 mountains.


I'll spare you the picture of the gigantic blister between Seth's toes, but here's one of him running at mile 44:


Our neighbor joined him at mile 44 and ran the last 18 miles with him. The weather was perfect for running - about 45 degrees in the morning and high 50s during the day. The start and finish temperatures were a perfect excuse to wear some hand knits :)

Seth's been trying to lay low the last few days because his ankle is bothering him and pretty swollen. But, you know Seth...."sitting still" is not really in his vocabulary.

I haven't done as much knitting as I'd like, but I did manage to knit up a Purl Ridge Scarf on Sunday and Monday.


Pattern: Purl Ridge Scarf by Steven West
Yarn: MadelineTosh Pashmina in Mansfield Garden Party
Needles: size 7
Modifications: I used sport weight yarn instead of worsted, so I cast on 50 extra stitches to make sure it would be long enough. 


By the way, it is a terrible idea to try and take self portraits of hand knits when it is 90+ degrees out. Terrible, terrible idea.  I need to learn to just wait until Seth is home to take pictures for me.

Because, when I try and do it myself I end up with out of focus beauties like this one:


Somehow I managed focused pictures of the scarf, but after trying 3 or 4 with the hat I was starting to sweat profusely!

Well, I really need to work on cutting fabric for more box bags for the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival....

I'll post again soon....I PROMISE!

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment