Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh boy oh boy.

It was excellent to see you my friend!!  I hope your travels home and visit with Eric's wee one were lovely.  I loved my inaugural visit to Rhinebeck, what great weather, friends and yaaarrrrnnnn!!!!  I'm still finishing up the vest.  Tragic but true.  I've got one arm to go- I had to rip out the neck twice because it didn't look good (the middle v with the decreases just look sloppy.  Not sure what to do about it, it's just not my favorite...) and then of course I bound off way too tightly and there was no way I could fit it around my head, let alone Drew's head!  Then I'll probably block it again, to really finish it and then send it on it's way...  Pictures to follow.  Can't find my phone in my nest of blankets, it's cold today! 

What I do have photos of is this:


Yup.  He's halfway there.  I just keep cleaning up the dust!  Sheetrock is not the kitchen's friend! 

He moved the wiring and put in a new header... next step is to sheet rock, then put up the trim boards and paint!  Did I mention that I still haven't painted the bathroom yet?  Woops.  It appears he's a tad bit more motivated than I am :)  Photos of that later!

I read more of the reviews of the sweater patterns and some folks modified it slightly on the yoke- think I'll do the same.  I like the look more.  I'm going to my parents tomorrow, so I'll have my needles and can do a little swatch... which will result in a call to you about fixing it!  I feel like I need to read a textbook on knitting in order to get the gauge issue...  I'm also bringing back some important things that have just returned from the Ohio Garage!! MY SLIPPERS!  Oh and a winter jacket, thank god, and quite a few pieces of clothing I have forgotten about completely.  And my teapot.  I miss my teapot. 

Okay, I'm off to shower and get ready for day three of the hoodlums. Today is library with Eddie.  I like Wednesdays. 

Love you!
cb

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz,

    I saw a pic of you and your mom over on the knitspot blog and thought wait - didn't we chat about knitting while getting on the plane from Oregon to Chicago a couple of weeks ago? Small world! I hope you had a fabulous time at Rhinebeck. I'm itching to go back.

    I can't wait to see pics of your Rhinebeck sweater, not to mention the finished handspun mitts. Thanks for providing another nudge to get me back at my spinning wheel. Hopefully this weekend . . .

    Best,
    Rue

    ReplyDelete