Monday, October 4, 2010

Poor Neglected Blog!

Sheesh. I've been neglecting the blog recently, and I feel badly that I don't have more exciting things to show off!

I have finished my first Christmas gift...but that will have to wait until after the holidays. Don't want to ruin the surprise! But it's awesome. That's all I'll say about that.

The Salem Hooded Jacket is still in the time out bin, but I did start a new sweater that will hopefully be done in time for Rhinebeck. No pictures yet, but once I get a little bit further I'll post some pictures...or you'll just have to be surprised in a couple of weeks!

I've been doing a bit of spinning and finished a skein of yarn this weekend. It is 100% superwash merino and is really, really soft.



It's really yummy....and I've already started knitting with it (I have start-itis). The skeins are in the process of becoming a pair of Albina Armwarmers. One can never have enough pairs of fingerlesss mitts. :)

In non-knitting news, Seth and I walked in the Walk for a Cause 5K this weekend. We brought Sailor along and bought him a pink bandana:

side note about this picture: this was Sailor sulking after he jumped OVER the back of the couch and almost ran through the screen door because there was a cat in the backyard. He went out in the yard and the cat had vanished...though he made a valiant effort to find it.

Seth was walking as part of the hospital's team and I signed up at the last minute. There were a TON of dogs, so Sailor thought it was pretty great. There were even dog bowls with water and someone handing out dog treats at the halfway point.

Hmm, what else?

Oh- I received my second shipment of the Three Irish Girls yarn club the other day.

Three skeins of Sprinvale Super Merino in Illusion, Slight of Hand, and Smoke and Mirrors (from L-R)

These will most likely become a pair of Portland Mittens with the leftovers becoming a hat and possibly a scarf.  

Ah, so much yarn...so little time.

Seth's mom asked me to make a baby sweater and matching hat for a baby shower she's going to in a few weeks...so today I'm off to hunt for some yarn to use for that. How is it that I don't have any superwash merino in boy colors in my stash?? Ah, well. 

Off to do a little yarn shopping....

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment