Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Last week was mostly spent working on Seth's costume, which came out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. All of the staff at Seth's office were supposed to dress up as bugs. Seth insisted on being a praying mantis....so after a trip to JoAnn's and some internet research on praying mantis costumes and images of real ones, this is what we came up with:

The back...I sewed the wings and Seth painted them 

The armbands were sewn with spandex material (holy crap, hard to sew!) and since he couldn't have big claws, we decided on "fringe" hanging off his arms. 

The whole ensemble. The head was the most difficult and time intensive part, but I think it came out great! 


I think that he had the most intense costume out of everyone at the office...but would we expect any less from Seth? Nope.

On Friday we went over to Kara and Derrick's house to carve pumpkins with some of their soccer friends and another Doc from the office. I don't have pics of the whole gang, but will get some from Kara. Seth and Derrick each managed to cut themselves during the process, but neither required any medical attention besides duct tape. Boys. The little kid who was there managed to carve his pumpkin without harming himself, but two grown men...not so much.

My pumpkin is the one that looks like a 5 year-old carved it (Left) and Seth's is the super intense one that has various layers to it. He takes Halloween very seriously.  

Seth and Sailor posing with the pumpkins. 

Of course, we decided that Sailor needed a costume for today. And, what better to dress up as than a Doctor? 

Poor, patient Sailor.

Okay, maybe not so patient. Sailor decided it would be fun to eat the mask. 



I have some knitting to share, but I think I'll do a separate post tomorrow. Especially since most of the knitting I'll be doing from now until December will be secret! 

Happy Halloween!!

Love,
liz

1 comment:

  1. hi! how did you make that awesome hat? specifically the eyes and antennae?

    ReplyDelete