Saturday, November 6, 2010

Swap Fun!

One of the groups that I'm a part of on Ravelry is in the midst of a really fun swap. We all filled out a questionnaire about our likes/dislikes and received an e-mail with the person we were supposed to create a package for. It was a fairly small swap, we were each supposed to send a skein of yarn and $10-$15 worth of extras. The packages went out late last week and I received mine on Monday! My package came from Meghann in Massachusetts, and it was amazing!

There were some gorgeous ceramic buttons, a WPI key chain, a kitchener stitch key chain, measuring tape, shawl stick, a lovely skein of Stricken Smitten yarn, some chocolate, and she KNIT ME A KINDLE COVER! 

This yarn is amazing. It's Stricken Smitten- S’marvelous The Mermaid’s Tale. Baby Alpaca/Silk/Cashmere (70/20/10)

The awesome Kindle Cover that Meg knit! 

The yarn is to die for....I think it is destined to be a really fabulous shawl of some kind. But, that will have to wait until all of my Secret Christmas Knitting is done. 

The Secret Christmas Knitting is coming along pretty well. I just finished a 3rd gift today and will be swatching and casting on for the next one very soon, possibly even today. Needless to say, I don't really have any knitting to show off...but hopefully next time I'll have some spinning to show you. I'm in the middle of plying some of the undyed merino/cashmere fiber I bought at Rhinebeck. 

On Monday, Seth and I walked with Valerie and Diamond on one of the local trails and despite having a large amount of evergreen trees around here, there was some fall color in the woods.

Seth and Valerie with the dogs up ahead.

The pups.

Cutie Diamond.

Well, I think that's all the updates for now! Not being able to share all the knitting I've been working on is seriously cramping my blogging material! 

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment