Tuesday, September 14, 2010

McKenzie River 50K....and some knitting

First....the vest looks awesome! I like the tweedy yarn!

Second, Seth finished his 4th official UltraMarathon of the year (that doesn't include the crazy Grand Canyon run) on Saturday, the McKenzie River Trail Run. He finished in 5 hours and 51 minutes, which was about a half hour faster than the 50K he did in May! Yay Seth!

It was a gorgeous day...but started out a bit chilly, in the high 30s.

See Seth in his red bandana at the start?? 

Here's Seth coming over a bridge into the 1st aid station:

It was an out-and-back part of the course. Hence the man running in the opposite direction.

The second aid station was near one of the many waterfalls on the McKenzie River, Sahalie Falls:

yes, the greenery is really that green. 

The aid station was actually about 1/2 mile upriver from the waterfall, but Sailor and I got to check it out on the way in to the aid station.

Here's Seth coming into the fourth aid station...

and approaching the finish line....


We'll definitely be going back and exploring some of the trails, it's an absolutely gorgeous area of Oregon with miles and miles of trails. 

The runners all got a bag of swag which included a bottle of wine that was bottled by the race directors. Seth downed his after the race (actually, he didn't...but it makes for a fun picture):


Now, onto knitting. 

Back story: One of the preschool teachers I used to work with had a picture of her 3 month-old on her facebook page. Baby A had a diaper "blowout" at the apple orchard, and she only had an extra onesie and some socks that were too big. She used the socks to keep A's legs warm and I commented that she needed some knitted leg warmers. So...I decided to knit leg warmers and a matching hat. Because, really, doesn't every baby need leg warmers? I think so.

Pattern: Chubbie Wubbie Baby Leg Warmers by Nona Davenport
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale Supermerino in Elsbeth
Modifications: None. I just wish I could borrow a baby to model them!

And of course, there has to be a matching hat:

 
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale Supermerino in Elsbeth
Modifications: None.



I've also made really good progress on my Salem Hooded Jacket. Both sleeves are done and I have about 3" of the body done. The body is a little slow-going so far, but I think once I get past the textured bottom it'll go faster. 

I've been spinning a bit too...but forgot to take a picture of my most recent yarn. Next time. :)

Miss you!
Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment