Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mom's Sweater....finally.

Well, Mom's Tea Leaves Cardigan took a hideously long time to knit. I could blame it on all the visitors we had this summer, but the reality is that it takes longer when you have to rip out an entire sleeve and re-knit it. I accidently used size 5 needles to knit a sleeve and didn't realize until I had bound off for that sleeve. I thought that the sleeve felt a little dense and the stitches looked smaller, but kept going. Lesson learned. After ripping out the sleeve, the sweater got put in the "time-out" pile for a couple of weeks. But, now it's done!


Pattern: Tea Leaves Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre
Yarn: MadelineTosh DK in colorway Amber Trinket
Modifications: None. I made the size 34 and followed the pattern as written.

Today I received my very first shipment of the Three Irish Girls yarn club that I joined. I'm particularly excited about this yarn club because each month I get at least 2 colorways to choose from. This month's yarn is Wexford Merino Silk. Whoa, this stuff is yummy. I have a huge double skein with 480 yards, and I have no idea what I'm going to knit with it yet. But here it is:


There's also some gorgeous pinkish-reddish tones in there that are hiding.

Seth and I drove up to Salem today so that he could look at new running shoes. On our way there we noticed a sign that said "U-Pick Peaches" and decided to stop on the way back. What we didn't know was that the U-Pick/We Pick place was a 15 minute drive from where the sign was. It was hysterical. We just kept following the signs until we arrived at this house surrounded by peach and nectarine trees. Since it is the end of the season, u-pick was closed but the guy had a bunch of nectarines and peaches for sale. First, he told us $1/lb....then it was $.75/lb. Then he gave us this huge bucket of peaches and nectarines that aren't perfect plus FIVE POUNDS of nectarines and about a dozen peaches. For FIVE DOLLARS. Yes, five dollars. We probably have 20 lbs of fruit. More canning is in my immediate future. He also gave us the cool metal bucket the fruit was in.



Seth was especially excited about the bucket. 

We're thinking about heading to Crater Lake this weekend, then camping and possibly going to Bend. 

I'll leave you with this cute picture of my two boys:


Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment