Wednesday, September 22, 2010

the vest and digging around someone's front yard...

First:  the vest.  Thank you for the tip to block before freaking out and messing with the pattern.  
I was able to make it 25" long (not including the edging on the neck to be added later) 
which will make the 26.5 ish that i need :)

not an excellent picture, but you get the idea :)  Now, onto the digging....

 at the beginning...  i pulled up the ties around one of the big trees and reused them in front of the door...  


in the middle....  I got a little tired and really wasn't enjoying all the dirt in my toes (I was wearing keen's... not clever..) but I persevered ... 

The next day, I got topsoil, mulch and moved a hosta (and split it in two..), moved a rose bush and a 
peony.  I also have some irises from  my mother, which I hope will take..  
So for now, here is the view at completion
 

awww. how cute, eh?



(yeah, the mums in the front right were my doing too :)  Oh and one more shot- from Middlebury on Sunday.  F had a game to cover, so I came to watch and took a small walk around with the dog.  Here's the view.  The sky was amazing, just amazing.  


So good to talk to you- off to do some knitting before bed.  
Love you! cb

No comments:

Post a Comment