Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New things and labor day weekend

Good morning Liz!  First, wow to the new tea leaves- I really really love the color!  Not that I have like 8 projects going at once, but now I want to make one too :)

Speaking of....... Meet George!
George is my friends Tamie and Rob's new baby.  He's wearing a giant baby sweater :)  My go to for all wee ones... Funny story with this one- I went to meet George the last weekend I was in Kentucky with Kate in tow, as we were going to go "shopping" later that day...  We were giving the little man a bottle, he was so adorable and squishy and perfect!  [Side note: Tamie and Rob have been in the process of adopting for a while now and George was a perfect litttle miracle baby.  They had been home for just around a week, getting life back to a new normal...]  So back to the story, we were giving him a bottle when Tamie got a phone call from their social worker and said she had to take care of "a small emergency."  She comes back 5 minutes later to inform us that they had just received word that they got a SECOND baby!  So Kate and I spent the next few hours helping them prep for the trip to Memphis to pick up George's new brother Henry :)

Exciting day!  And now I have to get more yarn and make another sweater!!

Second bit of exciting news.... Kaleidoscope Yarns! This is my new local shop!  Yeah, I'm going today.  Don't tell :)

In other news, I have an interview tomorrow at a hospital in New Hampshire.  I'll keep you posted.  I'm trying not to freak out completely as it's my only interview right now, but it looks exciting.  I have to do some serious prep work today.

Hey, when are you coming in to NY?  I need to start getting excited!!

Much love and another post and some photos soon- I am making steady progress on my vest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment