Friday, September 10, 2010

Start of the Salem Hooded Jacket

I cast on for my Salem Hooded Jacket earlier this week. And I'm in love. I've knit with Malabrigo Worsted a whole bunch and love it. But the Malabrigo Twist....amazing. It's softer that the Worsted and doesn't pill as easy. Not to mention, it's knitting up super duper fast on size 10 needles.

I have one sleeve finished and have already started the second (you knit the sleeves first, then the body up to the arm pits, then join them all together):



It's so squishy and soft....love, love, love.

I also made some really yummy soup last night, Corn and Potato Chowder from the Dinosaur BBQ cookbook.


Despite the fact that I forgot to have Seth get two of the ingredients at the store (carrots and green peppers...whoops), it still came out really tasty. So tasty that the leftovers are already gone. I halved the recipe, but next time I might just make the whole recipe and have leftovers for the week.

Seth is running another ultra this weekend...the McKenzie River 50K. The weather is supposed to be great, so it should be fun!

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures of Seth flying down the trails :)

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment