Tuesday, September 14, 2010

on the knit front.. or back :)

So I've been a little quiet about knitting projects as of late... which is funny because I'm knitting all the time, but tweed on size 4 needles in a serious pattern takes... forever!  You know what I mean :)  But now that I've progressed past the first direction (ha!) I feel like I can share.


This is the back panel up to the split for the armpit shaping.  Spot the errors.... I know you can see them :)  I keep deep breathing though and remembering that this is how you get to be a better knitter, by knowing how to fix your mistakes!  When you first mentioned that you memorized the pattern while making your vest, I laughed to myself thinking what I nutter you are!  But I'm with you, if I don't have it completely memorized, I do have the understanding of the pattern to know what comes next :)

This is keeping me pretty busy, as I'd love to send it to Drew sometime before it's spring outside!

In other news, I've been spending quite a bit of time at F's, which is a great escape from the parents... :)  I went to my first rugby game which was cool, I just had no idea what the heck was happening... Some of his college players were there and I almost asked them to explain what was going on to me, but chickened out... F said he'd record a game and we can watch it together and he can explain it to me :) haha.  Sad, but true.

Also went to the drink up afterwards, which was pretty cool- they dont get hammered, they just get together with the team they just played and hang out- eating and having a few drinks.  I saw a guy I went to college with -he plays for Saratoga, so it wasn't really a shock to have him there, just funny.  Also apparently Pike (of HH, way back in the day, may have been pre-your era even!) plays for the team too, but didn't make it that day...

We've been cooking a lot too :)  I made mushroom and leek risotto for F, as he'd never had risotto before.  It was really good if I do say so myself!  



The dog "helped"...

Speaking of... there have been more walks than I think I thought were possible... and I went for a run this AM :)  nothing long and certainly nothing like your hubby, but still!  It felt good!

Oh and in addition to all this nonsense, I painted my parents living room.  It was hell.  It took two coats on the walls and OIL BASED PAINT for the trim.  I hate oil based anything.  Yuck.  But the room looks nice.

The interview last week went really well.  I should hear next week or the end of this one.  Think good thoughts :)

Miss you!
cb

No comments:

Post a Comment