Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011: The Year of Socks

My knitting goal this year is to make at least 12 pairs of socks. I've discovered that I love wearing handknit socks in the winter. They are far warmer than regular socks. So warm, in fact, that I've ditched my slippers several times this winter while wearing them. And that is saying something. I always wear slippers.

I'm working on my first official pair of 2011:

Yarn: Three Irish Girls Kells Sport Merino in Kate

The thing I love about handknit socks is that I can use crazy colors I wouldn't wear as anything else!

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first sock and I'm sure they'll be done by the end of the month. :) 

On the spinning front, I'm working on a custom spin that is just flying along. This fiber is to.die.for. It's 50% Merino, 25% Cashmere, and 25% Silk. 

How about we take a little look:


Isn't see a beaut?! And she's softer than any yarn I've ever spun! 



And now....a few pics of the pup. I bought a new lens for my camera to take sharper and more accurate yarn pictures for my etsy shop. It arrived yesterday, and I spent some time out in the back yard snapping pics of Sailor :) 

Sleepy Pup

Sailor trying to take flight!

Catching flying treats.

In other knitting news, I have finished the front and back of the sweater for Seth's dad and just have the sleeves and seaming left. The end is finally in sight!! 

Hugs!

Love,
Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment