Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Sweater is Complete. Let the Celebrating Commence!

It's done! It's done! It's done!

Pattern: Beau by Kim Hargreaves from "Rowan Vintage Knits"
Yarn: Peace Fleece Worsted in Father's Grey
Modifications: I knit the smallest size and the only modification I made was to knit the body longer than the pattern called for. The sweater was knit in pieces and then seamed, which worked out really well for a large sweater!  

The buttons are from Button Boy on etsy, and they are made from maple tree branches! So cool. 

I'm really pleased with the way it came out, it's a very handsome man sweater! 

Seth striking a pose.

Phew. I'm so glad it was done in plenty of time to give to Seth's Dad next weekend! I'll definitely be taking a break from big man sweaters for a while!

I haven't worked on any other knitting recently, since my priority was to finish that sweater!

I have been spinning a bit, though. 

Superwash BFL dyed by Two if by Hand in the colorway "Whiz Bangs" 

I love the way this spun up! There are so many different colors, yet it's not too loud and obnoxious. 

I'm working on a whole list of custom spinning orders, and I'll share those as they're done. I should have one to share before we head back east next week! 

Hmm, I think that's it for now!

Love,
liz :)

2 comments:

  1. What a really great versatile sweater! Father's Gray is my FAVORITE color of peace fleece. It really looks amazing.

    Must be the time of year to knit Husband Sweaters! I just finished a sweater for my husband this week and as I recall the last sweater I knit for him was last February so he's averaging a sweater per year since I became a "real knitter". Not bad!

    I really love your handspun yarn as well. The blues are so pretty. My goal for this year is to take Spinning Lessons at Spunky Eclectic. My hesitation thus far has been that if I decide that I love spinning I worry that I won't have enough time to Knit AND Spin. I really want to learn though, even if I don't purchase a wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that handspun yarn. It's gorgeous. Love the sweater too.

    ReplyDelete