Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hey Liz!!

Happy New Year!  It's been a busy one so far!  Let's see- first- we rang in the new year at F's friends' house (second year in a row, really nice folks) with a group of ten.  Lots of laughing, eating and drinking of wine :)  I've been conned into another half marathon with Sarah, one of the new friends.  This one is in May up in Shelburne.  There's also another race that we are talking about.....there are no words how cool yet terrifying this would be.  I'm putting serious thought into it.  You seriously need to check out this video.  Live wires.... Maybe Seth would want to join in??  Haha.

We had a great week off between Christmas and New Years- doing projects around the house, cooking, spending time with family.  I asked F if we could finish the knocked out wall project before the new year (sweet lord, this has been a visual thorn in my side!) and we did!  I'm so proud of how it turned out, considering I had no idea what the heck I was doing.


So this is with the mud and tape up... pre-sanding and pre priming....


This is post priming.  Not bad, eh?


And the big reveal!   (sorry for the phone pics!)

So as soon as we finished this- literally putting the final coat of paint on the trim, I launched into project two... The hallway....  F painted the hallway dark red when he first moved in... A classic, "Im a new homeowner and here is my way to make this place all mine!"  He finished it and hated it (for obvious reasons... a hallway with no windows that has four doors in a dark color, yikes!)  So unfortunately (or fortunately, really) there's no before... but there's an almost after!  (Trim is still not painted completely.... that's what I'm doing tomorrow while he watches football (seriously, the superbowl can't get here fast enough!)


It's a peachy color that works really well with the generic beige (that I actually like for the most part!) that is in the rest of the living area....  Oh and I got you a close up of the red that was on the wall- can you see it in the photo below!?  So dark!!!


And finally, I've been finding some time to knit too!  I had to frog the majority of my sweater that I started before Christmas from the briar rose I got at Rhinebeck... So we were back to square one... but now... taa daa!  

So this is the body so far.... and below I give you... an arm :)  I'm working on the second one and then we start the joining process, yikes! 


So I'll keep you posted on how it goes!!  Miss you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment