Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hydrangea Neckwarmer

I received the book Brave New Knits from my parents for Christmas and needed a project to keep me from getting too bored with the sweater for Seth's Dad. Anne Hanson has a pattern for a pretty little neckwarmer in there, and thought it would be a perfect small project. Except for the fact that it was kind of addicting and I didn't want to work on anything else. Oops. :)

Pattern: Hydrangea Neckwarmer by Anne Hanson (from Brave New Knits)
Yarn: Cosmic Fibers Yarn Cassiopeia (MCN) in colorway Amethyst in Shadows (this is one of the skeins I bought at the Holiday Inn during Rhinebeck)
Modifications: Instead of sportweight yarn, I used fingering weight. I still used the recommended needle size, but followed the directions for the larger size in order to achieve the smaller size. I realized after doing almost 3 pattern repeats that something wasn't quite right. When I went back to the Ravelry pattern page, I realized there were pattern corrections online. So, I ripped out what I had done and restarted. I probably could have kept going, but the lace pattern didn't look quite right. 

The Merino/Cashmere/Nylon was a dream to knit with.  

It'll be great under a coat when I don't want to wear a bulky scarf.

There's enough yarn leftover to make something else, too. The neckwarmer barely put a dent in the skein. Probably socks. But, who knows. 

I finished another skein of handspun yesterday for the shop. It still needs to be washed, reskeined and measured, but I took a few pics today right before the rain started back up. 

Rambouillet dyed by Two if by Hand in colorway "Train Tracks like Stitches" 

It's amazingly squishy and soft.  

Yumm. 

Tomorrow I'm going to start another custom spin with some Merino/Cashmere/Silk. It. Is. Amazing. It came in the mail and I promptly went on ravelry and bought myself a braid in a different color. 

Well, I think that's it for now!

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment