Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sailor's BFF

Thought I'd take a few minutes to introduce Sailor's BFF to the blog world. Her name is Diamond, and she is a very energetic 2 year-old Border Collie.


I walk with her owner, Valerie, at least once a week and the dogs just adore each other. She has far more energy than any other dog I've met!

Sailor and Diamond running crazily through the woods

We actually ran into a couple of ladies yesterday who had 2 black standard poodles and a newfoundland with them! Unfortunately the only picture I got was completely blurry and I had to stop snapping pictures for fear that I was going to get knocked over by the 5 dogs. The dogs were hysterical...all three of the poodles were bouncing all over the place and I think Diamond was a little bit scared of the huge newfoundland, who was also running and playing! 

Really, I'm writing about the dogs because I have NO knitting to show off. I did finish a sleeve of the sweater for Seth's Dad. One more sleeve to go and then I have to sew it all together (grumble grumble) and do the collar and button bands. I'm hoping to be done with it this weekend so I can knit a couple of baby gifts and then start a sweater for me (Blair from Winter 2010 Twist Collective). 

I did just spin up some yarn for myself, though. I'm really pleased with the way it came out and I have enough to do a few projects. 


There are actually 2 skeins (plus a mini skein of about 30 yards), a total of 7 ounces. I think I'll have around 500 yards to work with. My plan is to knit up a pair of basic mittens and then maybe a hat or a pair of Toasts for my swap partner (I'm doing another swap!). 

And just 'cause they're pretty...let's have another look at the skeins of Silky Cashmerino I spun up:

I honestly think these are my favorite skeins of handspun EVER.  

The person I spun them for was really, really happy with them...which makes me happy! 

Yum. 

Okay, well our landlord should be here any minute...our heat wasn't working this morning, but miraculously it fixed itself and started working a little while ago. At least it wasn't too cold out, and the house warmed up quickly once the heat came back on!

Love,
Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment