Monday, December 20, 2010

Last Minute Crafting

Talk about being down to the wire with gift making! Especially since everything needs to fly across the country. I finished the last knitted gift on Friday morning, but decided on a last minute sewing project that ended up taking all day.

All the cousins in my mom's family pick names for Christmas and this year I have Lily. I have it on good authority that Lily is getting a Nintendo DS for Christmas and I thought she needed a case to hold her ds, games, and power cord. Lily loves horses, so I found some horse fabric at the quilt store and got to work. It took several prototypes that didn't quite work out (lucky I actually had a ds here to test it out!), but I finally got one that worked.

Cute, eh?! 

 Way better than some plastic store bought case, right?

The drawstring bag to keep her charger in. Because, well, I always misplace my chargers...so I thought it would be nice for her to have a place to keep it.

The ds case is big enough to hold a game case, too. But then I woke up at 4:30am Saturday morning and had a brilliant idea for a case that could hold 3 game cases like this. I only have a crappy phone pic, but it turned out really cute. 

It has elastic inside to hold the 3 game cases, then it folds up and ties. 

I also finished another skein of yarn for the shop (actually 2 more skeins, but 1 is still drying): 

Nymphadora on Finn dyed by the ladies at Two if by Hand

It will be listed in the etsy shop during the next update (Dec 29th at 11am Pacific Time), and will be named "Perfectly Purple" 


That's it for now, I think! Back to the spinning wheel....

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment