Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Spinning!

I've been doing a TON of spinning lately to make sure I have a nice selection of handspun for the next shop update. I'm aiming for 6 skeins and 5 are done already. The 6th should be done either today or tomorrow and then I have a custom spinning job to start (a whole pound of pretty, pretty fiber!).

During all of this spinning I realized I clearly have a new obsession: Two if by Hand fiber

Everything for the next shop update is spun from their fiber. I can't help it! I order, it ships quickly and arrives here all lovely begging to be spun up. They do a fabulous job dyeing and their choice of fiber bases is outstanding.

I think this next skein might be my most favorite. ever.

Merino/Cashmere/Nylon (80/10/10) in Two if by Hand's colorway "Comfort me with Apples" 

I wish you could reach through the screen and squish it. It's amazingly soft and squishy! 

I think I'm going to order some more of this for myself and knit some socks or mittens out of it. How fun would those be?! 

It's actually broken up into 2 skeins because I wasn't able to fit all of the yarn on one bobbin. 

Next up:

Falkland wool in Two if by Hand's colorway "Crucio"

While not as soft as the MCN...the Falkland spun up really nicely and is surprisingly soft.


This also had to be put into 2 skeins

The last skein I'm working on for the update is Merino/Silk and it's super shiny and soft...it should be really lovely when it's finished. 

Only a couple of more days....and then I can finally post about all the secret Christmas knitting that's been going on!! Everything went out in the mail on Monday, and although the post office lady only gave them a 75% chance of arriving on time everything has made it. Phew. 

Well, I'm off to make some progress on a pair of socks, finish up that skein of yarn and head to a neighbor's house later for drinks and cookies!

Merry Christmas!

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment