Saturday, December 25, 2010

Secret Knitting REVEALED!

Merry Christmas to you, too!! Hope you guys had a wonderful day with lots of time with family and good food :) Little Charlotte is looking so grown up all of a sudden! I love the hat you made her...adorable! Also love the naughty/nice pictures of the vest. hehe.

Are you ready for the Christmas Knits to be revealed?? Make sure you are sitting...there are a bunch.

Let's start with the slippers:

Knit For: Joe
Pattern: Felted Loafer Slipper by Lorilee Beltman
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky
Modifications: None. These are knit in chunky yarn held double and then felted. It was definitely challenging trying to figure out how big they needed to be without having the right size feet here!

I ordered leather slipper bottoms to hopefully prolong the life of the slippers.

Knit for: Desi
Pattern: Felted Clogs by Fiber Trends
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Ravelry Red
Modifications: None. Yarn held double throughout the slippers. 

These ones also have leather bottoms.

Next Up: The Mittens

Knit for: Kaitlin
Pattern: Eugenia's Mittens by Mollie Woodworth
Yarn: MadelineTosh Vintage in Isadora
Modifications: None. This is a fabulous free pattern on Ravelry. Mollie made these mittens and a bunch of us expressed interest in the pattern, so she kindly wrote it up and posted it on rav.

Knit for: Jacky (my BIL's fiance)
Pattern: All the Water by Kristen Kapur
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale Super Merino in Slight of Hand
Modifications: None. I made the medium/large size and followed the pattern exactly. 

Knit for: Seth's Mom
Pattern: Portland Mittens by Carrie Bostick Hoge in "New England Knits"
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale Super Merino in "Slight of Hand", "Illusion", and "Smoke and Mirrors"
Modifications: I had a lot of trouble getting gauge on these mittens. I ended up going down several needle sizes and did the cuff on size 3s and the mittens on size 5s. According to the pattern the thumb should have been the lighter teal color, but I thought it looked better as matching the main color. I'm definitely going to be making another pair of these...they fit awesome and they were a super easy knit once I figured out what needle size to use.

Now...there should be one more pair of mittens on here. Except I apparently forgot to take a picture of them! I made a pair of felted mittens for my Dad and will post a picture here once I get one. Oops.

And, last but not least...The Hats:

Knit for: Jonathon 
Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood
Yarn: Madelinetosh Vintage in Jade
Modifications: None. Love, love love this. Seth will be getting his very own Koolhaas probably sometime next week. Poor husband got neglected in the knitting department for Christmas.

I love the way the top decreases look on this.

Knit for: Matt
Pattern: Family of Ribbed Hats by Joelle Hoverson from "More Last Mintue Knitted Gifts"
Yarn: Madelinetosh Vintage in Terrarium 
Modifications: None. This was super easy and super duper fast. And...the beauty is that it fits pretty much any head because it's so stretchy. 

I do have the sweater for Seth's dad to finish...the goal is to have it done by the first week in February when we go back for Jonathon's wedding. I have about 1/3 of it done, so I should be able to finish...I just need to really concentrate on only knitting that for a while. 

We had a really lovely Christmas, and I'll post more about that later :)

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment