Monday, December 13, 2010

Scary Gingerbread Cookies

Seth wanted desperately to cut out the gingerbread cookies. So I let him. Scary, I tell you. First, he decided he would cut out shapes using a paring knife....which was taking FOREVER. So, I made him use the cookie cutters, and he decided to improvise a little.

A turkey. We have a flock of about a half a dozen. Very festive according to Seth.

"Nearly Headless Nick" from Harry Potter.

Gingerbread man with hole. There are several of these. I was informed that when they are decorated he will have blood dripping from his wound. Again, very festive.

You might wonder what this is. I kept seeing weird shapes like this and then realized that Seth was just taking the scraps and throwing them on the baking sheet.

An ice climber. Obviously. 

An elf with a club. 

I'll be sure to post pictures after they are decorated! 

I'm very close to having my Christmas knitting done and I have a couple more projects I can share! 

Seth's office does secret santa each Christmas and he had one of the other doctors this year. She wrote on her little questionnaire that she loved scarves, and clearly a store bought one just would not do. 

Pattern: Circle & Stripe Scarf by Leigh Radford from the book More Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: MadelineTosh Vintage in Dahlia 
Modifications: None. I used exactly 2 skeins of the Vintage and the scarf ended up about 60 inches long before blocking. 


All the employees at the office have stockings and they do smaller gifts throughout the week and the big gift at the Christmas party. Since tea was also on the list of "likes", we bought a ceramic travel mug and I knit a cup cozy for it.

For the cup cozy I cast on 32 sts, joined to work in the round, and knit 2x2 rib until I was happy with the length. I used some MadelineTosh Rustication Worsted. 

I also finished a couple of skeins of handspun yarn...both from the roving from my last post.

Enchanted on Merino/Cashmere/Nylon spun from Two if By Hand roving.


Miss Granger on Shetland also from Two if By Hand roving.

Well...I have 2 more gifts that still need to be knit up! Yikes. Back to the needles....

Love,
liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment