Saturday, April 24, 2010

Another reason Vermont is awesome

Because, my friend, it is the home to Fiberphile, a wonderful indie dyer! I bought one skein of Fiberphile Super Squish Sock Yarn (it's actually called that, I didn't make it up) from Purl Diva a while back and knew I wanted it to become something other than socks.

So, I present to you.....Ishbel:


Pattern: Ishbel by the talented Ysolda Teague

Yarn: Fiberphile Super Squish Sock in colorway Inlet

I knit the smaller shawlette version of the pattern and still have some yarn left over (maybe about 100 yards?). The pattern is well written and easy to follow since the lace section has both written directions and charts. 

This yarn is seriously yummy. It's soft, and squishy (hence the name Super Squish, I suppose) and knits up beautifully. It has just enough drape for a shawl, but is substantial enough to be great on smaller needles for socks. Good thing I just ordered another skein. :) The dyeing is also really beautiful. It didn't have any weird pooling and the use of all the colors is brilliant. 


The picture really doesn't do the colors justice.




Sailor thought he'd take a break from harassing the small animal(s) living under the porch to do a little modeling.

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment