Friday, April 2, 2010

New Recipe, Flowers and a Cute Dog

Thought I'd share a recipe that I made last night for dinner that came out amazingly well. A couple weeks ago I made some yogurt marinated chicken from a Rachel Ray recipe. Well, last night I thought I'd experiment with the yogurt base and make some lemon garlic chicken. I don't have any pictures, but here's what I did:

Ingredients:

1 lb. chicken breast
1/2 c. non-fat greek yogurt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs. capers
4 cloves garlic
EVOO

Directions:

Preheat broiler on HIGH
Combine yogurt, lemon juice, capers, and 1 tbs. of EVOO.
Grate in 4 cloves of garlic
Put chicken in bowl and coat with yogurt marinade, put in fridge for 10 minutes

Put chicken on a baking sheet with raised sides (I used a pyrex dish) and drizzle top of chicken with EVOO. Place about 5 inches under broiler for 8-10 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken is). Flip chicken and drizzle top with EVOO and place back under the broiler until brown on top and until chicken is cooked through. I did an extra flip to make sure both sides were nice and crispy.

YUMM. If you enjoy lemon...this dish is for you! So good. And healthy, too! I paired it with green beans with salt and pepper that I drizzled in EVOO, wrapped in foil, and threw in the oven while the chicken was cooking.

And today I made another batch of Dinosaur BBQ Mutha Sauce and made pulled pork in the crockpot. My house smells sooooo good right now!

The weather has been crazy here today. Sunny one minute, pouring rain and gusty winds the next. We actually lost power for about an hour earlier. While we didn't have power, I thought I'd bring in some tulips from our yard to brighten up the place:


On the knitting front, I'm close to finishing the front of my Wood Hollow Vest. I also finished spinning up some yarn for my Mom (she picked out some roving she wanted turned into yarn). I'll take pictures once it's dry.

I'll leave you with a picture of my cute pup. I'm not sure how he managed to get his body under the pillow...


Have a great weekend!

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment