Monday, April 26, 2010

pretty things


It was so great to talk with you yesterday.  I missed you!!  Also, your photos of the shawl are just amazing.  I want to prance around some fabulous city wearing it snuggled up to my neck. Perhaps under and fantastic coat!  Here are a million photos that I owe you, because I've been taking them and then taking forever to get them up here!

First.  Dog in stream.  With tongue out.  Did you watch the PBS special on service dogs the other night??  it was called, Through a Dog's Eyes and it broke my heart.  I've been crying a lot lately.... and this was no exception... it was narrated by Neil Patrick Harris and was about this amazing program that trains service dogs and profiled some families and the struggles and successes that these families experience with a service dog.  The woman who founded the program has MS and started it with her brother and father when she really felt like her life had no purpose... she then ended up marrying the vet they work with :) Beautiful woman.

Next, the little patch Philo is standing in is all wild mint... I was standing there smelling it, trying to figure out where the great smell was coming from.... that was it!  Too bad I already have mint in my potted garden!

This one is a view of camp- leaving the parking lot.  I just felt like that summed up spring.. Look at that lush grass!!  The leaves were just barely coming out.  Small tiny leaves....


Which leads me to the storm.  This weekend was crazy and I huddled in my little house praying I wouldn't blow away.  Look at the sky!  And then look at the leaves!  They are huge now!  
 


Yes, I put up grandma's hammock last weekend.  It's a little slice of heaven.  Sunshine, leaves blowing and a nice swing in the hammock, maybe with some knitting, maybe with a blanket, maybe with a nice glass of wine?  The dog doesn't know what to make of it and is less than impressed that he can't climb in and join me...





And then there is the windsheif.  Amazing photo of me, eh?  I tried for a good 20 photos and this was the best one... oh well!  Don't you love the color though?  It works with my eyes ;)  I'm going to take the second half of the skein with the other half of the black one from F's hat and make a scarf to go with... If only I could master (or remember) a long tail cast-on!!

Okay, to work I go!  

Love, Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment