Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh hey :)

Sorry so dang slow!  I hate not having the internet at home!  First!  I love the fat baby pants!  Here are mine- so far- post two airplane flights... I literally started them at take off from Nashville... 


The weekend was wonderful.  Just wonderful.  Thursday night, I rolled into Burlington in time for a walk with the parents and dinner.  From there, I headed to bed and ended up in Burlington for a meeting- we'll catch up over the phone for that one :)  Secrets!  Franklin met me down there and we went back to my house to pick up my stuff and grab some lunch.  We tried to go to black sheep, in Vergennes, but it wasn't open for lunch... so we went to a cafe and i had a killer sandwich. From there, we went back to his house to hang out... He's been doing a lot of work on the place- things like lifting stairs that were sloping... and moving rooms... At one point his friend stopped by and we went out for wings and ice cream.  It was the official opening day of soft serve at the restaurant.  I love creemee season!!  

From there, we hung out, watched a movie, went to bed... Next day, got up to beautiful weather :) We had pancakes with my family's syrup.  F begrudgingly accepted it even though it was really from Ohio, not Pure Vermont Syrup...  we did some yard work (god, i secretly love yard work) and then went for a hike.  A beautiful hike up The Falls of Lana to Silver Lake.  So beautiful!  From there, we stopped at Hannaford (I miss real grocery stores!!!) and picked up some food to grill.  We had an absolute feast!  We made bacon blue cheese burgers, grilled asparagus, salad with green beans and grilled pineapple with ice cream. 
 Festivus.  
That's what it was.   

Spent the rest of the evening talking on the porch with his roommate and another friend.  Fun random talk.  A good good night.  From there, got up Sunday for the trek home to the family.  We had brunch waiting for us, then took a walk as a family, which involved every neighbor in the area coming over to check out Baby Charlotte.  She was so well behaved all weekend, even with a raging cold and a tooth coming in.  Amazing.  After a bit of down time, we ate again (sense a pattern here) and spent the rest of the day relaxing.  

It was really hard saying goodbye.  I'm not gonna lie, it gets worse each time really.
All in all though, a perfect weekend.

Now, I'm off to purchase my plants!  Herbs!!!  I'll take some pics tonight :)

Have a great trip and I'll post again soon, if I find more photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment