Thursday, April 8, 2010

rain rain rain. lots of it!



Well it poured last night.  Thunder, lightning and some serious wind woke me up at 12:30 in the morning.  I ran around closing all the windows and said a little prayer that all my plants would survive!  I purchased a bit of fun yesterday afternoon…. Three tomato plants of different varieties, basil, mint (to add to my existing plant that has resurrected itself from last summer), some thyme (haven’t ever grown it before, it seems so fragile!) and some more rosemary to add to my still living stump from last year.  I also just did something a little crazy… I dug up some chives from around the fields at my house and planted those… talk about organic?!  We’ll see how that goes!  I also still have parsley from last year…. Only thing left is cilantro and maybe a strawberry plant or some flowers.  I would love to plant some wild flowers on the bank that they don’t mow, to add some color.  Or sunflowers for outside my window J  I’m getting seriously ambitious considering this is my craziest season!!


In other news I’m trying to catch up on lost… I was two episodes behind… but not really in the mood last night .  I’m off this weekend, so I figure I can spend some time on that as well as a movie or two this weekend.  I also need to get in a long run this week, as the half marathon is in three weeks!  I’m in need of some new shoes, which I need to snag this weekend, as I need to break them in. Did you get the new Rachael Ray?  Awesome issue- so much food I’d love to make! Okay, off to lunch!




No comments:

Post a Comment