Friday, April 23, 2010

Back to Blogging!


There is so much to catch up on!

First up, Aimee vs. the Slackline:




Aimee actually did really well for a first time slackliner! It was so nice having her here to visit!! We did lots of yarn shopping (7 different yarn shops to be exact), slacklining, knitting, and hanging out. She's working on the Kanoko Pants (SO CUTE!) and a lace scarf in Malabrigo Lace. We also spent a bit of quality time with the swift and ball winder! She brought a couple of skeins that needed to be wound with her, plus I would some of her yarn purchases (including some MadelineTosh that I picked up for her at Purl Diva)

Next up, a couple of my yarn purchases over the last few weeks:


My mom and I went up to Maine for a few days and stopped in to Purl Diva to visit Ellen and Loki the shop dog! And of course, to buy yarn...and pattern books, fabric and a shawl pin. This is just one of the lovely skeins I bought there. I also grabbed up some more of the color I made my Snapdragon Tam in, because I just can't get enough of the green and purple! I had to send a package home to myself because I bought 2 books, 2 magazines, and 2 pattern booklets there. Obviously, I had to make the most of the trip up there....I miss her shop soooo much (I miss you Ellen!!!). 

Aimee and I have a friend who is expecting a baby in June, so when we were up in Portland I picked up the cutest thing EVER. A sock monkey kit! Aimee had already made a sweater and blanket for her, so we thought this would be a perfect gift (and we know the recipient will appreciate it!).


I bought the kit at this great shop in Portland called Twisted and the yarn is Socks That Rock by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. The ladies in the shop are pretty obsessed with Sock Monkeys at the moment, and they were having a grand time looking them up on Ravelry when we were there! 

Third up: Knitting Projects


This is the Leaf Prints Hat by Reagan Rush (aka Freckle Face Knits). I knit this up as a test knit before the pattern release. There will be a matching pair of mittens as well. I'm going to make another one of these in Malabrigo Chunky in a solid green color and I think the leaf motif will show up better in a lighter, more solid color. Reagan is a talented teenager, and the pattern is really well written. 

I'm also trying to finish up an Ishbel shawl as well as my Wood Hollow Vest

In related news, I just signed up for a class with Jared Flood!!! He's going to be in Portland in June for a few days teaching classes. I resisted the urge to sign up for ALL of them, and just signed up for one. :) 

Other news:

Seth finished his 60K in one piece and is getting ready for the 50K near our house in a couple of weeks. The weather is glorious today and I took a walk with Valerie and Diamond out to a small lake and the dogs had a wonderful time chasing one another, meeting other dogs, and swimming in the lake.

Phew. I think that's it for now! I'm determined to finish the Ishbel tonight, so I'll post pics when it's all done!

miss you!
liz :)

1 comment:

  1. Are you a slackliner? I never knew that! Nor have I ever heard that term before!
    SOOOOO nice to see you and your mother. So many of my wonderful customers (like yourself) move away from me! It's nice to keep in touch but I wish my wonderful customers would just stay in Maine!
    I cannot wait to see your sock monkey. Ever since I saw the partying sock monkey on the Kia ad I have a whole new perspective on that guy!

    ReplyDelete