Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm still here, I swear!

It feels like forever since I've written! The last few days have just been crazy busy, but really fun. Wednesday was a long day of traveling, but I did get some knitting done on an Ishbel Shawlette (designed by Ysolda Teague). Thursday involved running lots of errands with Mom Havens for things for the bridal shower, not to mention a very fast speed shopping trip Thursday night to get a gift for the shower (why do I procrasinate so much?). On Friday one of the other bridesmaids arrived and we did lots of cooking, baking (well, Mom Havens baked...we decorated cookies) and figured out a plan for decorating (after I ran down to Saratoga with my Mom to find an outfit for the shower...horray for The Loft). We couldn't decorate anything until Saturday morning because Meg came home Friday night. She did get a sneak peek at the cake that her Mom made....which, of course, was AMAZING. Saturday was a mad dash to get everything decorated and to finish cooking. Sue and I made an edible fruit arrangement, with lots of guidance from Mom Havens. I'm pretty sure Edible Arrangements will be calling us to see if we will be their newest employees. :) The shower was really fun, and the decorations looked pretty fabulous!

Then came the Bachelorette Party. Note: I am too old to stay out until 4am. Mom Havens made us all dinner and her dad put on his suit and flashing bowtie to be our driver. We had a great night bar hopping in Saratoga (it made me think of you!). We started at Bailey's and went to the City Tavern and Gaffney's. Dad Haven's picked us up around 3:45 and got a good laugh at all the debochery! I'll fill you in next time we have a phone date :) We all spent the night at the Havens' house and Dad Havens made us waffles in the morning (but just barely morning). Meg and I were up early, but the other girls slept until around 11. I think around 3pm when I finally came home we were all still wearing our PJs.

My mom and I are headed to Maine tomorrow to see Tammy, Ali and her baby, and do some yarn shopping!

Baby Charlotte is too cute!!!

I'll try and post pictures later!

Love,
liz

P.S. I apologize for the horrendous spelling. I'm on my mom's netbook and I can't figure out how to spell check in Internet Explorer (my mac does it automatically when I type).

No comments:

Post a Comment