Thursday, April 29, 2010

Silly Stuffed Pug

Before I get to the Pug....that picture of Philo with his tongue out is hilarious!

So, my sister has been wanting my Mom to knit this stuffed pug for her for a while now. Instead, I decided to knit it for Kaitlin for her birthday (with some prodding from Kaitlin, of course). It was a super easy knit with chunky yarn. The most time consuming part was stuffing and sewing up all the parts and then putting them together. She kinda looks more like a bear...but I think she came out pretty cute anyways!


I used this pattern and used some leftovers from my Tea Leaves Cardigan for the sweater (which took as long as the rest of the pug to knit!). Even Seth thinks it came out cute!


And of course, she has a curly tail.


And Sailor didn't try and eat her. At least not at the moment I took the picture. :)

I've cast on for my Sock Monkey, and it's coming along quite nicely! I've also been plugging along on my Wood Hollow Vest. I really want to get that done soon so I can start the next Knit-a-Long with Purl Diva. I ordered some really lovely Fleece Artist Woolie Silk in a silvery blue color. I refuse to cast on until I finish the vest, though. Even though the yarn is taunting me every time I walk by my craft room!

Not too much else has been going on this week besides lots and lots of rain. Sailor and I walked with Valerie and Diamond yesterday and we got caught in a downpour. The trail was super muddy and both dogs wiped out at least once each. And tried to take me down with them! I was soaked from head to toe when I got home, and had mud everywhere.

Well, I'm off to the fabric store. Someone needs a needle case so they don't keep losing needles (or having the dog eat them!). I'll try and find something snazzy.

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment