Thursday, May 27, 2010

At least the rain helps grow things..

We are having a very, very rainy spring. I've been told by the "locals" that it has been unusually rainy for this time of year. The mountains have been getting pounded with snow all spring! But I do have several rose bushes as well as other kinds of flowers hanging around the yard that make it more bearable!






Our little garden is starting to come along. Our radishes are well on their way and the green beans are looking pretty good. The carrots have just started to sprout, too. All the tomatoes are dead, as is the basil. Ugh. But I'm going to get some tomato plants this weekend and rectify that situation.

Radishes

I also discovered strawberries living in the raised bed with the grape vines:


Unfortunately, something has been nibbling at them. But there are lots of them left to ripen up, so now that we're home I can pick them before they get eaten. 

The weather this weekend is going to be nice (hopefully, fingers crossed!), so I'll hopefully be able to restore the garden a little bit and spend some time outside! 

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment