Thursday, May 20, 2010

on hiatus



You know what time it is, don't you Liz?

It's camp time.

That means I'm dropping even further off the edge of the earth starting tonight....  The leadership team arrived today, meaning our small group of  6 year rounders have doubled.  We have a few days with them before program staff arrive, then den counselors next week for our 8 day orientation.  I will come back up for air June 4th. oy!

This also means that knitting effectively goes out the window, as does good sleep, healthy eating and my ability to limit my caffeine intake.

In non-knitting news, my weekend with F was amazing.  We were busy, but not too busy- saw two movies, went out for fish tacos and cupcakes, went for a hike at mammoth caves with the pup, cooked a kickin breakfast out of the new everyday food (the corn cakes with goat cheese and the spinach and cheddar strata.. amazzzing!!) went to Nashville to walk around and see some of the craziness surrounding a flood victim's benefit (creepy stalker people trailing Dierks Bentley... some people!) and ended up at the Station Inn (where I made quite a few new friends!!) for a bluegrass jam session.  Never have I ever wished I knew the words more than that night!


I do have a few knitting projects in the works which I will take pics of soon :)  In the mean time, hope the wedding was fantastic and the weather holds up!  Hi to all the Havens and the Limmers!

Back to orientation I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment