Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beautiful Beach Wedding

*disclaimer* I don't have a good picture of Meg's dress and how gorgeous she looked. Seth had the camera, and was busy running all over the place helping out with wedding things (including kindly asking people to move on the beach so we wouldn't have half-naked sunbathers in the pictures!).  But Seth did take some photos during the ceremony and a few at the reception.





There were a few moments of crisis in the morning, including Sue's (the Maid of Honor) makeup looking like something out of Cirque du Sole show (Sue's words, not mine!). It was scary. I'm not sure there is any other way to describe it. I wish one of us had gotten a photo of the horrifying make up. When she asked the woman to "tone it down" she just put white over what was already done. Even. More. Scary. Thankfully, they did a wonderful job with Meg's hair and makeup, and the florist dropped off 2 fresh Orchids (though she told Meg in the morning she had ordered the wrong flowers), which looked beautiful.

The weather was perfect (although a bit windy on the beach) and the reception hall looked amazing. I'll try and get some pictures from my mom of the reception hall (she was able to get some great photos before people arrived). There was not a single detail overlooked. Meg and her Mom did a wonderful job decorating. And let's not forget the cupcakes. There were chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese and chocolate chip filling and white cupcakes with strawberry butter cream filling (all made by Mom Havens, of course) . Amazing.

The rest of the trip home was great. I'll do a separate post about all of the fiber and yarn I brought back with me. hehe. I got to see Eric, Becky and baby Lucas who is only a couple of weeks old. I forgot to bring a camera with me, so no pictures, but he is adorable.

Did you watch the LOST finale yet? Thoughts?

Hope orientation is going well!!

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment