Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yet Another Baby Gift

One of the preschool teachers where I used to work is expecting a baby girl, Aubrey, at the end of June. The original plan was to make a baby blanket of some sort. However, I decided this weekend I wanted to make a cute, girly baby sweater instead:


Pattern: Manda Ruth by Jane Richmond
Yarn: Spud & Chloe Sweater Yarn 
(50% wool, 50% organic cotton)
2 skeins made the sweater and a pair of booties (320 yds)

Isn't it adorable?? I'm particularly fond of the buttons:


I had about a half a skein (maybe a bit less) leftover after the sweater and so I decided to make a pair of adorable booties to go along with the adorable sweater:



On a very disappointing note, I have very hungry rabbits in my garden. Remember the picture of my radishes from a couple of days ago? Let me remind you what they looked like:


Here's what they look like now:


Don't let that rogue weed fool you. All Gone. All. Of. Them. There were about a dozen of them!! Apparently the rabbits are hungry. They devoured them in two days. I went out yesterday and half of them were gone. I went out today and they are completely gone. It looks like I never even planted anything down there. Tomorrow I'm going to install chicken wire around the raised beds. I will have a garden! A garden with actual vegetables. 

Love,
liz 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your radishes. The baby sweater is adorable though!

    ReplyDelete