Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The flood…


So I got stuck at home Sunday morning… couldn’t get to work if I tried… As I’m sure you heard or saw on the news, it started raining here on Friday night and didn’t stop until Sunday night… We got ten inches on Sunday alone!  My driveway was impassable, but thank god I live on a hill, right? 
So here are some pics… on Sunday…







And Monday, when they came to dig me out… had to pretty much lay down a new driveway, as my old one is now spread all over the field.  







Not that it was a complete loss… Sunday, as I was wide awake and ready to leave for work at seven, when I realized I was stranded, I got quite a bit accomplished!  I cleaned the house (up until I sucked a dog toy up the vacuum hose, which has left me with some nasty carpets and rugs!), steam mopped, cleaned the fridge and freezer, did three loads of laundry (hooray for clean sheets!) and ended up taking a nap around 2…  I also did quite a bit of knitting..

Nothing as impressive as your collection of projects, but…
I finished F’s hat (which is awesome as it got in the mail on Monday afternoon and might make it for his birthday today!). 


I also finished fat baby pants for the munchkin just in time for mother’s day.  Hopefully they are long enough for her chubbo legs ;)





 I finished a small scarf with the left over malbrigo which is rather sassy, but alas, it’s 80 out now, so no chance I’ll be wearing it for a while..


I also made a great RR recipe from her show on Monday.  Louisiana Style Chicken.  Yum…
Now, time to get crackin’ on work- I have T-7 days to get totally ready for the staff arrival, as F is coming in for a visit next Thursday!!

I still have maren’s other hand (gloves to compliment the hat for Christmas) and dad’s vest- which I still need to buy yarn for.. oh and baby charlotte’s birthday dress (got till august!)
I’m trying to restrain myself from yarn shopping online… ugg…

No comments:

Post a Comment