Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wood Hollow Vest FINISHED!

Phew. I feel like I've been working on this for sooooo long. Which isn't really true, but I've worked on it non-stop the past few days in order to finish it. The seaming and ribbing alone took at least 4 hours today.

So, here it is:




Pattern: Wood Hollow Vest by Kristen Kapur of Through the Loops

Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers 

Modifications: None

This is definitely the most complicated pattern I've done, as far as cabling and different stitch patterns go. I think it would probably be more flattering if I had knit the smaller size so that it had some negative ease or did some waist shaping. But I'm still happy with the end result. The ribbing on the sides makes it super stretchy, so I'll have to be careful when I wash it to make sure it doesn't stretch out. 

The Cascade 220 is a great all-around sweater yarn (or hat yarn, mitten yarn, scarf yarn....you get the idea!). It's affordable, the stitch definition is great and it comes in any color you could ever imagine. There is also a superwash version that is great for kid stuff. 

All around a really well written pattern that was fun to knit. However, I think I'll be taking a break from cabled adult garments for a little while!

Love,
liz

1 comment: