Friday, May 14, 2010

How long am I going to be gone?


This is the pile of yarn I'm bringing with me on my trip. Think I have enough? Obviously I need to have yarn for several projects for my 10 day trip. And this is just the yarn. Not the 2 sets of interchangeable needles, double pointed needles, notions, or patterns (need to be prepared for any knitting emergency!). I have a problem. :) 

In all seriousness though, sweater knitting can not take place in all situations, so I do need another smaller, less complicated project to keep me occupied. 

I've made some nice progress on my Alexandria Cardigan as part of the newest Purl Diva KAL.



I'm using Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3-ply for this, and it is amazing to knit with. This will be a great summer cardigan to throw on in the air-conditioning and on cooler nights. 

In other news, my garden is becoming an epic failure. I'm too sad about it to even take pictures of the dead tomato and basil plants. All the seedlings that I transplanted have died. Okay, that's not quite true. The jalapenos are still alive. And so are the tomato plants I put in a big pot because I ran out of room in the garden. The good news is I still have some seedlings that I ran out of room for. They seem to be doing just fine, and I think I'll try transplanting them when we get back. Ah well. Good thing there is a farmer's market in town every weekend!

I dropped Sailor off at the kennel (Country Livin' Kennel!) this morning with a raging ear infection. He was at the vet earlier this week for shots and they said his ears were really waxy and needed to be plucked (Ah, the joys of owning a standard poodle). I brought him to the groomer to have his ears plucked and he cried every time they touched his right ear. Yesterday he was leaning his head to the side and whining when his ear was touched. So, back to the vet we went this morning. And lo and behold he has an ear infection. I had to flush his ear out with cleaner, put ointment in it and give him Antibiotics. He cried when I cleaned his ear out and then ran from me when I tried to put the ointment in. It was quite the ordeal. Thankfully, the kennel is willing to dispense all his meds. Poor Sailor! 

Well, I wanted to post before I left (we take a red-eye tonight that is already delayed about 20 minutes) since I may not be able to while I'm gone! Hope everything is going well!

Love,
liz 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the colors for your Alexandria! I'll be using the red woolie silk (same color Ellen is using) but I really can't start it until I finish two other projects that I'm working on. You all will probably be finished before I cast on!

    ReplyDelete