Friday, March 5, 2010

Box Bag Mania!

Charlotte....meet my family of box bags:


I have been obsessively sewing these cute little box bags over the last couple of days. During their completion I broke 2 sewing machine needles. Actually, truth be told, it was while assembling the farthest bag to the right that I broke BOTH needles.

I had found a tutorial for a box bag on SewMamaSew, and thought I'd give it a try.

The first attempt, while pretty cute, was a little flimsy:


So for the second attempt, I lined the bag and put interfacing between the layers to make it sturdier:





Then I decided I needed to make a third (you know, to perfect the art of the box bag):

Cute, aren't they?! My sewing skills are still far from stellar, but they'll get better with practice...at least I'm hoping they will!

I'm impressed with your egg poaching! I'm not sure I like poached eggs, so I've never really thought about doing it. I do indeed get the Martha Stewart EveryDay food magazine. Yumm.

I will probably not be wowing Weirdo with my culinary skills this weekend. He arrives late tonight, and Seth REALLY wants Ahi Tuna Steaks tomorrow for dinner. Seth will be in charge of the tuna, but I will probably make some oven roasted potatoes, which I think are pretty fabulous. Tonight, though, I'm making some baked ziti and my house is starting to smell like fresh tomato sauce! The smell is making me hungry!

Congrats on hopping back on the running wagon! Seth met someone with a border collie on Monday while he was running. Her and I took the two dogs for a long walk in the woods this morning. The dogs had a blast running and playing with each other. We're lucky neither of us got knocked off the trail by the pups running back and forth at top speed! Sailor has been conked out on the couch since we got home!

Well, I'm off to start some baked ziti and finish picking up the house!

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment