Friday, March 5, 2010

Okay, better late than never.

Exciting news, finished my cowl neck thingy- will post photos later.  Wearing it as we speak at work.  It’s super bulky, soft yarn that was really way too expensive for something just for me… but oh well.  Good distraction from the disaster that is F’s hat.  That pattern is my nightmare.  I currently have no idea where I am in it… and I knit too tight, so cables with that size needles are not my friend….  Seriously contemplating starting over… but I still have too much to do!  Mom’s sweater is finished, just needs to get blocked.  I like it, but it’s kind of boxy- which honestly is how she wears her clothes, so maybe it’s not too bad… we’ll see!
I did get back on the running wagon.  I’ve been running at camp with a girl from work who just quit smoking.  Talk about a boost of confidence!   My lungs are great!  I ran three with her the past two days, talking the whole time, while she just tried to breathe.  Last night, I left her at my car and sprinted one more, because I was itching to pick up the pace.  THAT feels good J  I’m really proud of her and happy for her because I can’t imagine quitting smoking... 

In food news, I POACHED AN EGG! (Two actually!!).  I don’t know if you get the Martha Stewart everyday food magazine, but it’s awesome.  It had a little thing on the technique, which is terrifying really- especially after Julie and Julia… but I did it (soo easy.  The water boiling seemed to be the most complex part! Ha!)  and put it on a  bed of wilted spinach and garlic chips on whole grain Panera baguette.  YUM.  Sooo good!   I also made some killer scrambled eggs last night for dinner- with a bit of cream cheese and siracha hot sauce.  Simple, but so yum after a run!  Can you tell we had left over eggs after camp this weekend??

Speaking of… camp has been going well.  Weekends keep flying by, with some really fun families- but I’m just ready for summer.  Itching.  For.  Summer. 

Last week Kim and I went on a recruiting trip to Indiana (first time there!) and had a great response at both Indiana University (beautiful old campus) and Purdue (great students!!).   We’ve already had three applications come in from them (they were Fed Exed, how cool is that!)  and TWO of them were boys.
Okay, yesterday I got mad work done on leadership orientation and I have to hammer the rest out today, because I’m now in charge to developing the oldest camper program, which I’m really excited about, just need to get cracking on.

Enjoy the weekend with Weirdo!  Tell him I say hi and wow him with your amazing culinary skills!!
Love you,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment