Tuesday, March 9, 2010

things.

Well, fun fact.  Dog is now waking up at five. in. the. morning.  Which mean's I'm pretty much awake at that time too.... not sure, but i think it's because i'm starving him... He goes to the vet next Monday, but after his last appointment per vet recommendation, I dropped a cup from his daily meals- he's at 1.5 twice a day, down from 2 twice a day....  since august, he's obviously been a lot more active.  I'm trying to find other food sources, live veggies, rice and fruit when i can... but I think he's just plain starving!  We'll see what happens on Monday.

Oh and if you haven't tried the dental chews from iams, they are pretty amazing.  philo's teeth a pretty darn clean :)

Knitting:  finished my cowl and started sis' gloves.  F's hat is a catastrophe.  I knit too tightly to do that many cables!  We'll see how it turns out.  Running, also going well.  Minor set back Sunday as I got a nice little allergy head cold/sinus something... I'm coughing and slowly dying... but pounding fluids... so here's to hoping!

Weather has been hopeful lately- we finally hit the sixties!  I pulled down all of the window plastic and cleaned like a crazy woman on Saturday.  I now have about 5 tubs of clothes to donate at some point to salvation army, or the like.  I'm trying to really look at what I wear and need versus just have.... simplify.  I also did a bunch of mending (hereby adding to my old lady dorkiness.  F thinks it's hysterical.) and fixed a bunch of things- like one of my EMS fleece things, a hoody, a sweater sleeve and a few more smaller items.  I sort of feel like I little homesteader...

Have you ever watched the Dan Ho Show on FitTV?  I'm kind of obsessed.  He's a "lifestyle guru" but he's totally self-effacing.  And with a last name like Ho, the options are endless or witty double entendres :)

On the food-front there has been a small miracle.  I'm trying to eat out less- trying to save some money for a plane ticket to visit a certain someone.... which means I'm getting very inventive with my food choices.

I made a pretty yummy pasta dish the other night with spinach, hot pepper flakes, burst tomatoes and garlic... with a little marscapone cheese for creaminess.  I also made a salad for dinner on Saturday of cucumber and tomatoes with some avocado chunks and a lemon vinaigrette.  dammmnnn good.

have you ever made salad dressing?  I can't imagine buying it now that I make it at home... it's so much better tasting and you know what you are eating.

OH AND THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER!!!  have you ever made a mug cake?  I was having a chocolate craving last night (after pounding excessive fluids all day, I really wanted real food) and decided this would be a better choice than making a pan of brownies and eating them all week... and although it wasn't amazing (it needs some doctoring, especially in the flavor department), it did the trick.  i got to eat a chunk of cake in three minutes.  It's almost worth it just so that you can watch in wonder as it cooks up to the top of the mug.... mmmm. :)  i think with ice cream, it would be amazing.  like super amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment