Friday, March 12, 2010

New Handspun, A Finished Project, and A New Project...

Are you feeling any better?? At least you aren't too sick to knit :)

I finished my Snapdragon Tam hat the other day and I blocked it yesterday. The brim stretched out a little, so it's not quite as snug as I'd like, but I might run a narrow piece of elastic around the brim. I did throw it in the dryer and it helped a little bit. I knit it in MadelineTosh DK in Lichen (green with little bits of purple...possibly my favorite colorway by MadelineTosh).




It's been quite rainy and windy here the last few days and it had me wanting a cushy, instant gratification project and my MadelineTosh Bulky (a test base for them, so far) arrived in the mail on Wednesday...and it was begging to be knit up. I cast on for the Oatmeal Pullover by Jane Richmond on Wednesday night, and am almost done with the body (yay for bulky yarn and size 11 needles!). I've had to make a few modifications. It is written with 3 inches of negative ease, and I didn't think a skin-tight sweater would be  too awfully flattering. So I added an extra increase round which gave me an extra inch and a half or so. I've tried it on a couple of times and it seems to fit pretty well. Doesn't this yarn just scream bulky, squishy sweater???


And lastly, I finished spinning up some Blue Faced Leicester today. I got about 300 yards of sportweight yarn. It still needs a yarny bath before I can knit it up.



Well, that's it for now....time to make some asian pork kebabs (minus the actual skewers) and mashed potatoes!

Feel better!
love,
liz

1 comment:

  1. Your Snapdragon Hat is beautiful! To tighten up the brim, you might want to pick up the bottom edge stitches, work a purl row on the right side (to create a nice folded edge row), and then work a k1p1 ribbing at a tighter gauge than you had on the outside brim, and then tack it down?

    ReplyDelete