Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yarn Pretties and a New Project

I wanted to show off this big honkin' 500 yard skein of Merino/Silk that I got this weekend. It's by Blue Moon Fiber Arts....it's soooo soft and squishy!


I started a new knitting project the other day, a Snapdragon Tam by Ysolda Teague:





The pattern is brilliant and really well written. The best part is that the directions are actually written out in addition to having a chart, so you don't actually have to use the chart if you don't want to (which I don't!). Once you start a row, the pattern repeat is easy to memorize because it makes so much sense. This is my first Ysolda pattern, but I will definitely be making more of her designs. LOVE THEM.

I've been walking with a woman and her border collie the last couple of weeks and yesterday we walked SIX MILES (and boy was I tired yesterday afternoon!). The dogs had fun chasing the big, fat, grey squirrels in the woods and running like crazy dogs.

Remember how our rice cooker broke a while back? Well, our brand new rice cooker busted last night when I was making dinner. UGH. So annoying. Seth made rice on the stove, and then forgot to turn the burner off and burned some of it to the bottom of the pot.

On a brighter food note, I can't say enough wonderful things about Trader Joe's. Seriously, I'm spending the same amount of money that I was spending at the regular grocery store, and buying almost all organic. I bought these amazing ice cream cookie sandwich things. They are the size of Oreo cookies with mint ice cream in the middle. And only 60 calories per cookie sandwich! The perfect amount of to satisfy my sweets craving.  :)

I have actually seen those Mug Cakes! There is a woman who has a whole Mug Cake recipe book, and she was on Rachel Ray a couple months ago. They look pretty tasty!

Have you been watching LOST? Did you watch last night? I kept jumping up and saying "I was there, I was there!". I just started re-watching the first season....so good!

I'm hoping to finish the Snapdragon Tam tonight...I'll post more pictures when it's finished!

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment