Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To frog or not to frog....

Before I  tell you about the weekend, I need some advice. I ordered some MadelineTosh Merino Light from the etsy site a while back and started a Lightweight Pullover. The problem is that the 3 skeins I have are all different from one another. Someone suggested starting with the lightest skein at the neck and have it progressively get darker. Well, I alternated skeins with the 2 lightest skeins until I separated the sleeves. Then I started alternating the 2 darkest skeins. This resulted in a dark line right across my chest:


I can't decide if I should just frog the whole thing and do some smaller projects with the skeins since they don't match, or if it isn't all that offensive looking. I could restart the sweater with the yarn I got in the yarn club. It pains me to think about all the hours of knitting I put into it....

On a happier knitting note, I'm making some progress with the new KAL at Purl Diva, the Wood Hollow Vest by Kristen Kapur, whose patterns I LOVE. She has an adorable cardigan that is in the new issue of Knitty.

(and yes, my grass is really that green)

The pattern is a little slow going because of all the cables, but it's fairly easy to memorize.

Seth and I drove to Smith Rock State Park on Saturday and did a little bit of rock climbing. The weather was gorgeous and the views of all the snow-capped mountains on the way were breathtaking.


The park is in the desert and I think the canyons really hold in the heat. It must have been about 80 when we were climbing. The park was packed full of climbers and hikers. And I don't think I've ever seen so many people with dogs all in one place! Sailor was sooooo excited, but eventually calmed down and hung out while we were climbing.


Seth took a 30 mile run on Sunday, and the weather was much cooler. It was only about 40 when he started his run and got up to the mid 50s, but was pretty breezy. I headed down to Bend with Sailor and did a little shopping and took Sailor for a walk. Then I hung out at Smith Rock and took some photos while I was waiting for Seth to finish his run.



Seth is headed to Vegas tomorrow to go climbing with his dad. I'm going to drop him at the airport and then hit a couple of yarn shops on the way home. And maybe IKEA. :) 

Hope you had a great weekend!

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment