Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Maple Leaf Madness

Note to self: Do not buy yummy junk food and expect not to want to eat it in large quantities. These cookies are horrendously good. Want to eat the entire package in one sitting kind of good. Must be the maple syrup that is in them. Seriously, these things are addictive. Which is why they are living on top of the fridge above my eye line. Because every time I see them I want to eat them. I must remember to STICK TO THE GROCERY LIST next time.

On a more heathy food note, I made yogurt marinated chicken last night. Soooooo good. And so many possibilities. The recipe I used had chili powder, cumin, lemon juice and olive oil and fat-free greek yogurt. It wasn't as spicy as I had hoped, but I think I can remedy that next time. Although, I think next time I'll try doing garlic and lemon juice...or some other fun combination. It really sticks to the chicken more than regular marinade. I cooked it under the broiler which was super easy made for a nice glazed outside. Yum. I paired it with some garlic naan from Trader Joe's. Usually store bought naan isn't as good as I hope it will be....but once again, Trader Joe's came through! I put it on a baking sheet in the oven and drizzled it with a wee bit of EVOO so it wouldn't dry out.

Did I tell you my parents got a puppy?! His name is Benny and he's a 6 month old pug. Sailor has decided that his new favorite spot to sit is in the guest room on the futon so he can look out the window:
Silly dog.

Have you been watching LOST? The Biggest Loser? Tuesday night TV is going to be NUTS when Glee starts back up. Thankfully, I can watch the Biggest Loser on demand since I can only DVR 2 shows at a time (and I have to be watching one of them).

Well, I need to bring all the shoes and rugs in from outside! Feel better!

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment