Tuesday, January 26, 2010

snowing again

It's snowing again in Kentucky. Yup, Kentucky! This past week has been a little crazy- I went to Cleveland with two friends on Friday morning, which meant I skipped work and sat in a car for 8 hours! Thankfully one of the friends was from Louisville, so I picked her up on the way. We both are training for the half marathon in April, so we both also had some running to do! I got up early (dog decided to party again at about 5:30...) and ran my six miles up and down the driveway... it was muddy, but not terrible, and at 6 am it seemed like a much better idea than driving to camp and running down the main roads... it was also pretty foggy till about 6:45, so again, good choice me!

The run felt good and the dog was tired after, which was a bonus. I dropped him off at the barn for the weekend (Kate said he slept in till NINE on Saturday- she was supposed to get to work at 8 ish and thought the pups would wake her up, but she had to wake THEM up!!) and hopped on the road.

We picked up our other friend at the airport in Cleveland and went over to a shopping plaza to grab some snacks for dinner- we ended up at Trader Joe's and purchased ample snacks (brie, apples, baguette, three buck chuck, seltzer, etc) and spent the evening at the grand parent's house just catching up. It was great. I miss those ladies!! We all have child life backgrounds -the Canadian was a social work intern at St. Jude when I was there, but worked at Boggy before that and now is at Camp Ooch, in Toronto. Her boss is one of the guys I went to Africa with- smalllll creeeeeepppy camp world.

Saturday we got up and went outlet shopping- I got a sweet top at the Nike Outlet that has built in hand warmers in the sleeves. GENIUS. We also went out to a late lunch at this crazy spa resort... like literally, it was a spa that was open to everyone for meals. It was like a super cheesy Swiss Chalet- complete with fake snow hanging all over the rafters... I wish I had taken a picture!

We got back to house and nearly fell asleep.... which meant that our plans of going to Blazin' Bills, a highly entertaining local establishment, went out the window. We cracked open the wine and chatted late into the evening again.

Sunday meant another long drive... and now I'm back to the grind. Still haven't touched those Christmas thank you notes. oops!

Almost time to head home and knit- I have on sleeve left on mom's sweater... still!

Hope the land of the LOST is amazing. I miss you and am envious of the sunshine I hope you are getting and the knitting you are accomplishing- which you are required to complete as you did PACK EVERYTHING YOU OWN!! I love your inability to pack light. Amazing.

Much love.




No comments:

Post a Comment